UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
FOR THE BENEFIT OF HUMANITY AND ENVIRONMENT
Rönesans Holding adopts principles that are based on universally accepted declarations within the framework of “UN Global Compact”.
Since September 2015, Rönesans Holding has been among the signatories of the UN Global Compact, which focuses on the concepts of Human Rights, Labor Standards, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
In accordance with these principles, Rönesans Holding;
- supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights,
- makes sure that it is not complicit in human rights abuses,
- upholds the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining,
- eliminates all forms of forced and compulsory labor,
- is against all forms of child labor and uses its best efforts to abolish it,
- does not allow discrimination in respect of employment and occupation,
- supports a precautionary approach to environmental challenges,
- supports all kinds of initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility,
- encourages the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies,
- works against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Rönesans Holding has adopted the principles that establishes its fundamental ethical values and constitutes the basis of its Codes of Conduct:
- Working honesty and without prejudice and competing fairly
- Acting in accordance with fairness, reliability, honesty and transparency in business relationships
- Treating all employees equally, honorably and respectfully
- Showing respect for fundamental rights and diversity
- Carrying out operations in accordance with the highest standards of health and safety
- Complying with all laws and regulations of the countries where the company operates
- Establishing and maintaining relationships based on trust and confidentiality with all business partners
Click here to view the Codes of Conduct.
Phone : + 90-312-441-3141/1167-1613 / +7 985 308 86 94
Mail address: Refik Belendir Sokak No:110 Yukarı Ayrancı/Ankara, Türkiye
DESIGN THE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
With the “Design the Sustainable Future” project and competition carried out at universities across Turkey, Rönesans Holding shares its “sustainability” approach and future vision with young people.
The winners selected from the projects that are evaluated for various criteria such as sustainability, recycling, energy efficiency, urban development, innovative ideas and solutions, advanced production and waste management, visual design and social sustainability are granted prize money as well as internship opportunities within Rönesans Holding. During the competition held for the sixth time in 2020, we visited about 25 different universities in Turkey’s different regions. At this point, we are proud and happy to have reached more than 100 thousand university students through the introductions, trainings, seminars which we organize and also with the competition applications.
The competition starts in November every year
Aiming to discover young architects and engineers in Turkey, the “Design the Sustainable Future” competition starts accepting applications in November.
The only requirement to participate in the competition for which hundreds of students from different universities apply every year is to be currently studying at universities in Turkey.
The winners selected from the projects that are evaluated for various criteria such as sustainability, recycling, energy efficiency, urban development, innovative ideas and solutions, advanced production and waste management, visual design and social sustainability are announced at a special awards ceremony where they are granted prize money as well as internship opportunities within Rönesans Holding.
YOUNG DISCOVERY PROGRAM: PUSULA
The program is designed to provide new undergraduates a smooth passage from educational life to professional life and relieve their worries about the future.
A social responsibility project that was launched under the auspices of the Rönesans Education Foundation, Pusula has been providing employment opportunities at Rönesans Holding since its inception in May 2016. 340 students have enrolled in the program so far and approximately 50% of whom continue their careers at Rönesans.
Participation Requirements for Pusula
- Having graduated from universities in Turkey in 2017 or 2018,
- Being under 25,
- Uploading a video where you introduce yourself to us,
- Having graduated from the following departments:
- Mathematics, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Computer
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Electrical Engineering / Electrical &
- Electronics Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences,
- Management of Healthcare Institutions, Healthcare Management, Interior Design
- Click on this link for your pre-application.
- Your pre-application will be evaluated and you will receive a confirmation if it is accepted.
- Candidates who successfully complete the pre-application process will be able to log into the system and upload their videos, resumes and graduation certificates and finalize their applications.
March 1, 2018
Application Start Date
May 1, 2018
Start Date for Video Evaluations
July 1, 2018
Face-to-Face Interviews Start Date
August 31, 2018
Pusula Application System Closed
November 1, 2018
Pusula Starts for the 2018-2019 Term
1. Vocational High School Coaches
“20 Rönesans volunteers to mentor 90 female students”
20 volunteer coaches from the Rönesans Volunteer Team contributed to the Vocational High School Coaches Project, which is carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of National Education General Directorate of Vocational and Technical Education and the Corporate Volunteers Association. Volunteer coaches, consisting of Rönesans employees who mentor 90 female students from the Construction Technologies Department of Küçükyalı Industrial and Technical Vocational High School, support students’ social skills and personal development and provide guidance on their professional development as role models, completing a total of 750 hours of voluntary service in a year.
2. Sustainable Living Project
”Environment training from Rönesans to 800 middle school students“
The Sustainable Living Project was developed by the members of the Rönesans Volunteer Team in order to enable children to reflect on the concept of sustainability from a young age and to support them to develop their awareness of the environment in which they live. The project, which consists of interactive classroom activities and fun training materials, was implemented in middle schools in cooperation with Ataşehir District Directorate of National Education and Rönesans employees provided environment training to 800 students.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT PRINCIPLES – WEP’S WOMEN’S
We acknowledge and follow the principles and rules laid out by the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) platform, which was created with the collaborative efforts of the UN Global Compact and the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) in 2010.
We have been committed to seven of the WEPs since February 2016 and we aim to increase our company’s environmental and social policies that will promote gender equality.
In parallel with the Women’s Empowerment Principles, we are also developing a ‘gender lens’ that will enable us to study and analyze performance indicators and reporting practices.
The seven principles we have adopted as part of the Women’s Empowerment Principles “platform are as follows:
- Rönesans Holding provides high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
- To that end, Rönesans Holding is committed to ensuring that all women and men are treated fairly at work – respecting and supporting human rights and nondiscrimination.
- It helps ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men.
- The holding plays an active role in supporting women with education, training and professional development opportunities.
- It also supports the implementation of enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promotes equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
- The Holding ensures that it will measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL COACHES
20 volunteer coaches from the Rönesans Volunteer Team supported the Vocational High School Coaches Project, which is carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of National Education General Directorate of Vocational and Technical Education and the Corporate Volunteers Association.
Volunteer coaches, consisting of Rönesans employees who mentor 90 female students from the Construction Technologies Department of Küçükyalı Industrial and Technical Vocational High School, supported students’ social skills and personal development and provided guidance on their professional development as role models in a total of 750 hours of voluntary service in a single year.
RÖNESANS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Founded in 2009 with the initiatives and support by Ilıcak Family, primarily by Mr. Bekir Ilıcak, Honorary Chairman of Rönesans Holding, Rönesans Education Foundation (REV) operates with a strong faith in the “supremacy of knowledge”.
REV aims primarily to enable young people to realize their own potential and organizes its operations accordingly. REV carries out educational programs and social projects in order to contribute to their growth as versatile, educated and productive individuals. Having awarded non-refundable scholarship to 6,500 students so far, REV’s mission principles include contribution to the future with social projects and long-lasting value in many areas, chiefly in education.
REV SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Among the main activities of the foundation is REV Scholarship Program. Running since the inception of REV, the program has awarded non-refundable scholarship to 6500 students so far. The foundation, which aims to increase this number rapidly, takes advantage of online technologies. In addition to financial support, the program was intended for multidimensional purposes to improve the personal development of young people with an online educational program and voluntary activities. To that end, the scholarship students have completed 20,000 hours of voluntary service in a year. The foundation touches the lives of more and more people and increases its impact area with this social benefit created by young people who take part in countless social projects focusing on various aspects of society from children to health, environment to old age.
Another distinguishing project by the REV Foundation: the REV Academy – Personal Development Program The academy, which was established to contribute to the personal development of young scholarship students, provides online education through distance learning. Removing time and space barriers to the personal development of students, the platform offers them a quality and lasting learning opportunity. On the platform, young people receive a total of 3,000 hours of training every year.
Shot as part of the program to help students raise awareness about Global Goals for Sustainable Development, the educational film was shared through REV Academy and the Foundation’s social media accounts in 2016. Scholarship students who watched the film were provided support for developing social projects in line with the goals they set.
TED RÖNESANS COLLEGE
Founded by Rönesans Holding and Rönesans Education Foundation in cooperation with the Turkish Education Association (TED), TED Rönesans College met opened its doors to students for the first time in the 2014-2015 academic year. Established in Istanbul with an investment of TL 38 million and a capacity of 1200 students, the college offers all the necessary opportunities for the academic and social development of its students with an emphasis on foreign language education. Offering a combination of training, sports and art activities, TED Rönesans College has a multi-purpose hall with a capacity of 300 people, an indoor gymnasium, a physical education hall, gymnastics and ballet rooms, individual music rooms, marching band and orchestra rooms, art workshops, hobby and activity areas. Aiming at training healthier individuals, TED Rönesans College has implemented the Canteen-Free School Project and become the first private school in Turkey to be entitled to get the Gold LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certificate, one of the most important volunteer certificates in the field of environment throughout the world that is granted by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), thanks to its nature-friendly building. www.tedronesans.k12.tr
İNONÜ UNIVERSITY DARENDE BEKİR ILICAK VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
Constructed by Rönesans Education Foundation, “Darende Bekir Ilıcak Vocational High School” was donated to İnönü University in Malatya as part of the donation protocol in 2011.
Incorporating various modern departments, this school also provides educational support as part of the REV Scholarship Program.
The 4 main departments at the school are as follows: Construction Technology, Map and Land Survey, Food Technology and Opticianry.
KERİMAN ÇETİNKAYA KINDERGARTEN
Constructed in Kahramanmaraş by Rönesans Education Foundation, Keriman Çetinkaya Kindergarten initiated its educational activities in the academic year of 2014-2015. As part of the Ministry of Education’s “Hundred Percent Support for Education” campaign, the school was constructed with a capacity of eight classrooms and 150 students and donated to the Office of, Kahramanmaraş Governor.
TED AYŞE ILICAK LIBRARY
Established witin TED University, “Ayşe Ilıcak Library” offers students 80,000 printed books and 250 study areas. The most important feature of the library is its Internet access areas. With its 40 scan terminals, the library offers the opportunity to access the Internet and provides an ideal environment to enable students to adopt the habit of using and producing information.
Or (as on the website)
Established within TED University with contributions from Rönesans Holding, the library encompasses a total indoor area of 525 m², offers approximately 12,000 books and 150 periodical resources to its users and provides access to digital resources with carefully chosen electronic materials, survey terminals and wireless network, as well as rapid and safe Internet access.
AMASYA UNIVERSITY YÜKSEL AKIN TAŞOVA VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
As part of the protocol signed by Rönesans Education Foundation with Amasya University, Office of Taşova District Governor, Provincial Directorate of Environment and Urbanization and Office of Amasya Governor, construction of the four-story high school, consisting of 12 classrooms and a construction area of 3.780 m², has been completed and donated to the university’s administration.